1. Banaras Hindu University is following the qualification in accordance with UGC (Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers and other Academic Staff in Universities and Colleges and other Measures for the Maintenance of Standards in Higher Education) Regulations, 2018 and Gazette notification dated 11.10.2021 regarding the Ph.D. Degree shall be a mandatory qualification for direct recruitment to the post of Assistant Professor with effect from 01.07.2023; the essential qualification as prescribed by Indian Veterinary Council Act 1984 (registered with a State Veterinary Council /Veterinary Council of India) and its amendments from time to time.
2. For Assistant Professors : The Academic score as specified in Appendix II (Table 3A) shall be considered for short-listing of the candidates for interview only, and the selections shall be based only on the performance in the interview as prescribed in the UGC Regulations, 2018.
3. For Associate Professors and Professors: The Short listing of the candidates shall be governed based on Academic and Research score as prescribed under Appendix-II (Table 2) as per UGC Regulations 2018 and Part B of short listing guidelines of BHU available on BHU website.
4. A relaxation of 5% shall be provided, (from 55% to 50% of the marks) to the Ph.D. Degree holders, who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
5. The composite rolling advertisement will remain alive all the time and will be updated every time when a new vacancy is created or when the earlier advertised positions are filled up by selection. The prospective applicants, therefore, can apply anytime during year, but the applications will be processed after the cutoff dates indicated before hand on the website.
6. There shall be two cutoff dates in a calendar year, 6 months apart. The applications received till the cutoff date shall be processed further for shortlisting and conduct of selection committee. The vacancies available, for which applications are under process, will be so indicated on the website and they will be deleted from the website, only when they are filled up. The selection process of the applications received till one cutoff date shall generally be completed before the subsequent cutoff date.
7. Online mode of submission of applications shall be essential. Candidates are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess atleast the minimum essential qualifications laid down in the advertisement.
8. Applicants shall first register on the Recruitment & Assessment Cell portal on the BHU website, after which, they can fill up the prescribed online application form. Separate applications shall be submitted for different positions.
9. Before starting to fill up the form, please ensure that you have the following: A scanned copy of photograph, signature, caste/tribe/community certificate (if any), educational qualifications and experience related documents in JPEG/JPG format, digital copies of publications for uploading. The photograph should not exceed 50 kb and other documents should not exceed 100 kb.
10. While filling the online application, if the browser closes unexpectedly or if the candidate is logged out, he/she may use the login information sent to his/her email to login again.
11. Please ensure to enter all your research publications and other Academic/Research contributions in the online application. Only the information entered in the online applications form will be taken into account for deciding eligibility and/or shortlisting. Uploading digital copies of publications is essential. Filling all mandatory fields is required to make your application complete.
12. Incomplete applications will not be considered and will be REJECTED.
13. There are several Tabs in your application. After completing each tab, you should click on ‘Save’ button to save the information and move to the next tab. After filling all tabs, the candidate can finally submit his/her application. Please note that you cannot make any changes after submitting the application form.
In case of any technical problems, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
15. On successful submission, the applicant will come across a link for paying application fee and after the Payment the candidate may download a PDF of the application, which he/she will have to print and send to BHU after signing it and having it forwarded by his/her employer, if any, enclosing therewith the copies of the relevant certificates and documents, so as to reach BHU by the last date mentioned at Clause no. 34 of General Instructions.
16. Submission of printout of the PDF duly signed along with all enclosures is mandatory without which the applications may not be considered for further processing. Candidates must send self-attested copies of certificates, mark-sheets from matriculation (10th Standard) onwards in support of the qualifications, reprints of publications and certificates in support of their research score claimed for the post along with the hard copy of the application form.
17. Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview. More stringent criteria may be applied for short-listing the candidates to be called for interview. Applicants having higher qualification and merit will be given preference. Good Academic Record for all teaching positions shall be as defined in the BHU Ordinances.
18. Relevant grade which is regarded as equivalent to 55% wherever the grading system is followed by a recognized University shall also be considered eligible.
19. Candidates belonging to SCs/STs/OBCs/EWSs/PwBDs category should submit proper caste/tribe/community certificate as per the proforma prescribed by the Govt. of India.
20. Any corrigendum/ changes/ updates related to the recruitment process shall be available on official website of the University www.bhu.ac.in/rac.
21. Relaxations and concessions for SCs/STs/OBCs will be applicable in accordance with reservation policy of the GoI/MoE/UGC and subsequent clarification/directives issued from time to time to this effect.
22. The eligibility of an applicant shall be determined in accordance with the UGC Regulations, 2018 and its subsequent amendments and/or in accordance with the relevant regulations of concerned Regulatory bodies.
23. Appendix II, Table 2 and Table 3(A) printed on page no. 105 and 107 of the UGC (Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers and other Academic Staff in Universities and Colleges and other Measures for the Maintenance of Standards in Higher Education) Regulations, 2018 is available on BHU website i.e. www.bhu.ac.in/rac.
24. Academic/Research Score will be used only to shortlist the applications. Selection will be based on performance of candidate in the interview.
25. For teaching positions short-listing shall be done as per guidelines approved by Executive Council of the University which may be seen on the portal of the Recruitment & Assessment Cell on the BHU website.
26. The Ordinances governing the procedure to be followed by the Selection Committee may be seen on the portal of the Recruitment & Assessment Cell on the BHU website.
27. The University shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate at the time of appointment or during the tenure of the service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted by the candidates are fake or the candidate has a clandestine antecedent/ background and has suppressed the said information, then his/her services shall be terminated.
28. The University reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post(s) at any time without giving any reason. Any consequential vacancies arising at the time of interview may also be filled up from the available candidates. The University may, at its discretion, fill up any future vacancy belonging to SC/ST/OBC/EWSs/PwBDs as per roster point out of the available candidates. The number of positions is thus open to change. The University may relax/review the qualification/ experience and age limit at its discretion at any stage and in case of candidates with exceptional merit.
29. In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection which may be detected at any stage even after the issue of appointment letter, the University reserves right to modify/withdraw/cancel the appointment without any communication made to the candidate. However under the hazardous situation, the above conditions may be relaxed.
30. In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision of the University shall be final.
31. Applicants who are in employment should route their application through proper channel or should submit a "No Objection Certificate" from the employer prior to the interview, failing which they may not be considered.
32. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
33. No interim correspondence shall be entertained.
34. Hard Copy of the application along with all enclosures should be sent by SPEED POST only to “the Office of the Registrar, (Recruitment & Assessment Cell), Holkar House, BHU, Varanasi – 221005.” The post Code & Post Name should be super scribed on the envelope. Only one application should be sent in one envelope.
35. The hard copy should be posted/submitted on the next working day after the date of submission of online application.
36. The eligibility of the candidate will be determined on the last date of submission of hardcopy of the downloaded application form i.e., 15.06.2022.
Last Date for Online submission of Application form and Application Fee payment : 13.06.2022 upto 5:00 p.m.
Last date for submission of hard copy (downloaded application form) along with the enclosures: 15.06.2022 upto 5.00 p.m.